Childcare centres have dramatically evolved over the past decade to be environmentally friendly, user focused and aesthetically pleasing facilities which provide a safe and fun environment for our children, parents and educators. Gone are the days where any old house could be converted into a childcare centre with just adding smaller bathroom stalls and a change table. We work with amazingly talented and highly credited architects, engineers and other professionals to design and construct state-of-the-art educational facilities. Read more about our construction services for childcare centres here.
Eastside Early Learning, Gumdale QLD
In June 2015, we completed one such amazing childcare centre facility in Gumdale, QLD. This project took only 6 months from commencement of earthworks to final completion and handover, enabling our client to open its doors to children in early July 2015.
Construction features of this amazing centre include:
– 1,000 sqm facility (building) plus outdoor play areas, carpark & landscaping in one of Brisbane’s most family-friendly neighbourhoods. This centre is positioned directly opposite the shopping centre, and adjacent to the Gumdale State Primary School
– two nursery sleep rooms with colourful fibre optic sparkling lighting in the ceiling, giving the appearance of twinkling little stars in a night sky
– 5 age-specific class rooms, each with plenty of custom built port racks, child-safe finger guards on all doors, fly screens and roller blinds, fans and air-conditioning, plenty of natural light, and timber-look easy-clean vinyl flooring
– multiple children’s toilet areas (with the cutest little eggshell designer toilets) – these area accessible from all the class rooms and also directly accessible from outdoor play areas (great idea!!)
– nappy change areas and shower for nursery/toddler rooms (directly accessible to junior outdoor play area)
– milk preparation kitchen within the nursery
– child-sized water bubblers with bottle fillers for children to learn independence (and potentially assist in a fun water play)
– plenty of large craft preparation and storage facilities for each room, including individual wash basins
– 3 age-specific playscape areas which truly are the best imaginable playground a child could wish for:
- Junior Playscape – designed for Nursery to Pre-Kindy ages. This amazing play area includes a large 120sqm undercover patio, outdoor blackboards, baby swings, play fortress and slide, bike track, shade sails, both synthetic and normal grass, boat and bridges, sand pit, outdoor mud kitchen (real tap water and the highest quality play mud), hand pump and shallow water stream for water play, and two children’s vertical gardens and garden beds.
- Senior Playscape – designed for Kindy and Pre-School ages. This play area includes a 110sqm undercover patio, water park, bike track, boat and bridges, outdoor mud kitchen, sand pit, shade sails, water hand pump and river bed, a combination of synthetic and normal grass, a large playful cubby house with windows, a tunnel, climbing hill and slide, a quiet teepee area suitable for outdoor reading, play nooks, balancing timber steps and climbing obstacles.
- Indoor Softfall Play Area – this indoor/outdoor play area is for communal use and features a large 123sqm roofed and louvred play area. This area has a unique softfall recycled rubber flooring and is designed to allow children the fun of outdoor play activities even when it windy or raining. The enclosed walls shelter this play area from winds, and the roof and louvres shelter from the rain and sun, whilst allowing constant fresh air and giving it an outdoor feel. This area is also big enough to cater for all children, and with a direct access to the commercial kitchen with a serving bench, is able to also host the centre’s special occasion functions such as the Christmas party, Easter Parade, Mothers Day morning tea and other fun activities.
– reception, waiting room, secure filing room with custom build storage, directors office, staff room and staff kitchen
– a fully equipped commercial kitchen – the childcare centre employs a chef to specifically provide the children with all of their delicious and nutritious meals daily
– a fully equipped laundry with washer, dryer, cleaners utilities (this all-encompassing centre provides and launders all the bed sheets etc for all children)
– disability access and amenities
– 32 car parks and 5-bike rack
– bio-retention and landscaping
In addition to the construction features, this childcare centre is remarkable in that it also provides other facility benefits allowing parents to enjoy an easy no-fuss child drop off (meals, snacks, bedding, nappies etc are all included in their service). The children can also enjoy the numerous educational and eco-friendly sustainable toys, crafts, computers, electronic interactive whiteboards, and most importantly the friendly and welcoming staff and centre director. It really is the most amazing childcare facility we have ever come across….
We rate it “a million out of 5 stars” – the words of one of our most qualified test-pilots – the children of VATI Projects staff who of-course, were required to “make sure it worked” before opening!